Active Flexibility 2
Oversplits, deep backbending
Pole & Dance’s Active Flexibility Part 2 Teacher Training is a two day teacher training.
Day one focuses on intermediate to advanced level Splits exercises. We’ll start with a Splits focused Active Flexibility Master Class, then do a deep dive into understanding Splits mechanics, common mistakes, adjustments and modifications for each of the individual exercises in a Splits focused class. Exercises studied include over-splits, standing splits, standing leg scales and inverted splits positions.
Day two focuses on deep backbending. We will begin with a Backbending focused Master Class, focused on building strength and mobility through the hips, lower back, upper back, and shoulders and working towards backbends in inversions. We’ll then spend the afternoon deepening our practice and understanding of Backbending physiology and study common mistakes, adjustments and modifications for many of the Backbending exercises. Exercises studied include Forearm Stand, Needle, Bridge Pose and more.
Included in the training is our 2-day, 14 hour training, a 150-page electronic version of our Curriculum Manual with access to our private Flexibility Instructor Facebook Group. This training will be led by current Pole & Dance Active Flexibility Instructors, Amy Bond and Elizabeth Blanchard.
This training costs $600. For a color print out version of the curriculum manual, there is an optional, additional cost of $150. We have payment plans available in 2 payments of $300 or 3 payments of $200.
For questions, please email email@example.com
Day 1. Splits Focus
- 10-10:30: Introductions
- 10:30-11:45. Active Flexibility L2 Splits Focused Master Class
- 11:45 -1pm. Introductions & Advanced Conditioning/Tissue Prep Breakdown
- 1pm-1:45pm. Lunch Break
- 1:45pm-5pm. Splits L2 Curriculum Breakdown: Movements, Cues, Adjustments, Anatomy and Progressions/Regressions
Day 2. Backbending Focus
- 10am-10:30am: Review Day 1 content. Check in
- 10:30am-11:45pm: Student Led Introductions and Conditioning
- 11:45am-1pm: Active Flexibility L2 Backbending Focused Master Class
- 1pm-1:45pm: Lunch Break
- 1:45pm-4:30pm: Backbending L2 Curriculum Breakdown: Movements, Cues, Adjustments, Anatomy and Progressions/Regressions
- 4:30pm-5pm: Certificates, Class Closing, Feedback Forms